Our Options: Where We Go From Here

Art by Alyssa Guzman
Racial justice is the path to racial progress. Follow us on twitter @GetRaceRight

Americans are a pragmatic people.  We like to get things done, move ahead, change the world.  That’s one reason we love to hate meetings–too much talk, not enough action.

I’m an American, too, and I also like to get things accomplished.  I do, therefore I am.

This is the good news section.  So many ways to make a difference, at work, at school, at church, in the community, and in ourselves.  It’s not easy, but it’s possible.

However, I hope you’ve read at least part of the first two sections before jumping here.  There are quite a few things we can do to reduce racism, but the solutions emerge from a thorough understanding of the problems.  There is no paint-by-number anti-racism work.  Every situation, every person, is unique, and we need the tools to analyze, act, and assess.

Do it

Here’s a thought: As you read the sections on Making a Difference and Getting Personal, try to think of at least one thing you can start to work for racial justice in your sphere of influence.  I’d love to hear about it.  Thanks.