Morgan Overweg ’21 – IES Quito, Ecuador

¡Saludos! My name is Morgan Overweg and I am in my second year at Hope. I am a Zeeland, MI native so Hope is truly home for me. I am blessed to have the opportunity to step outside my comfort zone and spend my spring semester in Quito, Ecuador with the IES Direct Enrollment Program USFQ. Since my first mission trip to La Unión, Honduras as an 8th grader, I have been passionate about the gift of language being used to foster relationships. Understanding the power that language has to bind people together has inspired me to study Business and Spanish during my college career, concentrating in Human Resources.
I have always been a goal-setter and a goal-getter when it comes to my love for athletics and setting my agenda for daily academic tasks. One of my goals is to confidently be fluent in Spanish, and I recognize that the only way to do this well is by taking the time to immerse myself in the culture. I also want to be someone who empowers others to live into the fullness of life for which we were all created for by our Heavenly Father, and I believe the gift of language will help expand my sphere of influence in the future. In addition to these passions, I love hiking and all things active, being outside, traveling, and spending time with friends and family. Join me in exploring what life in Quito academically, socially, and spiritually this semester!
To view my posts, click here!