Noel Vanderbilt ’25 – Liverpool Hope University, England

Hello!
I’m Noel, welcome to my blog! I am a sophomore studying English, Creative Writing, and Political Science at Hope. During my semester off campus, I will be studying at Liverpool Hope University, nestled in Childwall, a suburb of Liverpool, England. Originally from Saugatuck, Michigan, I’ve grown up learning to treasure the natural beauty of my home state. While I’ve loved my semesters at Hope College, I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to explore new places.

One of the reasons I’m excited to study in Liverpool is because of the rich, multi-cultural
heritage of the bustling port city. Well-known as the home of the Beatles and the Liverpool Football Club, Liverpool promises to offer a unique international study experience. I’m excited to explore the museums, parks, music, art, history, and the hidden beauty the city has to offer. As a direct-enrolled student at Liverpool Hope, I’ll be studying with students from England and around the world. I’m interested to see how the courses I’m taking deepen and broaden my education. I’m also excited to connect with other international students and local ‘scousers.’’ During my time studying in Liverpool, I hope to travel throughout the UK and plan to remain in Europe for several weeks of travel following the end of my program.

I love spending time outside, reading, writing, roadtripping, eating chocolate, and riding horses. I’ve been involved in several areas at Hope including Markets and Morality, Student Congress, Intramurals, Opus, Delight Ministries, and working as a tour guide (best campus job!). I know I’ll miss being engaged in these communities on campus, but I can’t wait to see how my semester abroad enriches my time at Hope.

Thanks for joining me on this journey!
~Noel

Noel’s Recent Posts