We’re thrilled to share with you that the new Hope College website has launched and is now live! The new pages you’re seeing now are “phase one” sections for our initial public launch. These sections cover most of the areas you can access via the main navigation menu on the top of the page.
What you’ll find in the new hope.edu:
- Fresh new look, feel and functionality
- Overhaul of site structure and organization
- Revised content to better address audience needs
- A fully responsive design that will adapt to the size of whatever device you’re browsing on
- A new directory that allows you to search departments, offices, buildings and people — all in one place
- A new events calendar to promote event engagement
- Lots of social media integration
- A news section that pulls content from many different sources into one place
- An online Catalog, you’ll hear more about this from the Registrar’s Office
Now that we’ve launched “phase one,” we will be shifting our focus back to ongoing collaboration with departments and offices. We’ll provide intensive training in the new content management system (CMS), work with our partners throughout campus on finalizing their content, and re-launch every part of our website. This will be an ongoing process throughout the ’15–16 academic year and beyond.
Want to learn more? Please join us for presentation of the new website on Monday, August 17 at 10:30am in Graves Hall Winants Auditorium. We’ll walk through and show off various aspects of the new site. You can also read more at “A Website Retrospective“.
If you stumble on anything that appears to be broken or not working within the new site, please let us know about it at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, I want to thank the many people who have helped make this possible. We’re so fortunate to have a campus community filled with so many individuals and departments who work together to make initiatives like this a reality.