Another Summer has slipped by but not without several exciting new projects for the web team in Public Affairs and Marketing.
Whether it was enhancing our online calendar, embracing Gen Z’s use of Instagram and TikTok, or implementing an entirely new academic catalog, Summer was packed with fun and meaningful work to improve the digital experience at Hope.
Highlights from our Summer in the web team suite
- New team member: We welcomed our new colleague Shelbey (Snider) Phillips ’17 back to Hope as the college’s new social media manager.
- Academic catalog: We partnered with the Registrar’s office to successfully implement an entirely new academic catalog. Tip of the hat to the Registrar’s office for their extra effort in making it possible to launch before the fall semester.
- Calendar: The campus calendar has a new look and feel that better aligns with hope.edu.
- Maps: Several updates to our campus map have been made or are in production including parking lot changes, a new sustainability category, and the addition of new cottages (coming soon!)
- Spera magazine: The sunsetting of Spera as an independent magazine required rethinking the custom elements of both the Spera and News from Hope College websites. You will now find Spera content inside News from Hope College in print and online.
- Athletics.hope.edu: Have you checked out the new Athletics website? Shout-out to Alan Babbitt, Craig Tommola, Mackenzie McMahon, Lindsey Engelsman and Julie Huisingh for their detailed work implementing an outstanding website.
- Social media: We’ve focused our summer content on welcoming the largest class ever to Hope this fall using Instagram Reels and TikTok. Highlights included getting to know the Orientation Directors, exploring res halls, featuring on-campus job opportunities and helping #Hope2026 prepare for college.
- YouTube Reboot: The Hope College YouTube channel is getting a makeover to better serve as a video hub for attracting prospective students, families, new employees and donors. Rest assured your videos will still be there but our playlists and channel homepage might look a little different after we reorganize our content.
- Focus on First-Gen: We’re shining a spotlight on our inspiring first-gen community at Hope in a new video on Youtube and in the article Blazing Trails inside the summer issue of News from Hope College.
- Career Wheel: A new custom interactive Career Wheel allows students to visually connect the 90+ majors, minors and programs offered at Hope to various professional paths based on the career activity of over 35,000 Hope College alumni worldwide.
- Updated brand color palette: Hope’s brand colors are now dynamically accessible on hope.edu. Just click a color to copy its hex code.
- New and updated websites: Campus Ministries, Residential Life & Housing, Vita Scholars Program and more!
If you’re thinking of a new digital project that our web team can help with, we would like to hear from you! Please reach out to us through email@example.com.