We are very pleased and excited to announce the creation of the Hope College Alumni Sustainability Affinity Group (HC-ASAG).
Under the direction of its officers and Board of Directors, the HC-ASAG aims to channel the dedication and resources of its alumni to enhance the focus on Creation Care within the mission of Hope College. Group members pledge to foster lifelong relationships with each other and the College in assisting Hope to fulfill its overall mission and the strategic goals of the Office of Sustainability.
Through engagement in fundraising, in campus sustainability projects and events, and in community outreach, the Group seeks to provide focus and direction for the College’s sustainability goals, and to enhance Hope’s leadership in sustainability to the larger communities of Holland and Western Michigan.
Through the efforts of the HC-ASAG, Hope alumni will be actively engaged in learning about campus activities around sustainability, serve as an educational resource for faculty, students, and staff, and lend their expertise in shaping and supporting the College’s sustainability goals.
Are you a Hope College Alumni and work in a field of sustainability or are you personally interested in the topic? If so we’d love to hear from you! Please click here to subscribe to our quarterly newsletter or get involved in our group.
2022-2023 Sustainability Affinity Group Board Members:
- Anne Deckard ’73 Hiskes Co-Chair
- Retired Grand Valley State University – Dean, Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies and Emeritus Professor of Philosophy, The University of Connecticut
- Kyle Funk ’18 Co-Chair
- National League of Cities – Transportation and infrastructure Policy Specialist
- Kaila Robertson ’19 Bylsma Secretary
- Meijer – Information Technology
- Richard Hiskes ’73 Outreach and Engagement
- Professor Emeritus, University of Connecticut, Political Science and Human Rights
- David C. Beattie ’73
- b.comm creative – Director, ESG branding/marketing
- Nick Gibson ’17
- Trane – Project Manager
- Sarah Josuns ’02 Kessler
- City of Clearwater, Florida – Lead Environmental Specialist
- Junu Shrestha ’01
- World Bank – Senior Environmental Specialist
- Jeffrey Vredenburg ’11
- City of Sarasota, Florida – Sustainability Manager and Adjunct Professor, Ringling College of Art and Design
- Dr. Steven Bouma-Prediger ’79 – Ex Officio Faculty Liaison
- Hope College – Faculty, Religion Department and Green Team Chair
- Nicholas Duthler ’09 – Ex Officio Staff Liaison
- Hope College – Project Manager
- Michelle Seppala Gibbs – Ex Officio Staff Liaison
- Hope College – Director, Office of Sustainability