Inspired by past emails from our friends at the Physical Plant, we hope that regular updates from Integrated Marketing will be interesting and helpful to you! With each update we aim to give you a glimpse of what we’re working on and celebrating, as well as a little more in-depth insight into one featured project.
Business Cards, Letterhead and Envelopes! Oh My!
The day-to-day print collateral for Hope College may not be a topic that keeps you on the edge of your seat. But there are a few developments that might be of interest to you!
Since the adoption of a new Hope College logo, we have been ordering newly designed business cards, letterhead and envelopes for many individuals and departments. We are continuing our partnership with The Printery for their production, as we have for a number of years. Recently, The Printery acquired new digital printing equipment that has reduced the cost of business cards even though we have increased the quality of the business card paper. Additionally, The Printery offers a web-to-print system that allows for easy ordering, consistency of these print items – significantly reducing the amount of staff time necessary for layout and design, and more seamless invoicing back to Hope.
Here’s a sample of our new business card design:
Need to order your new business cards, letterhead or envelopes? Please visit: http://hope.edu/brand/request-resources .
In Progress and Upcoming:
- Work on a contract with OmniUpdate for the college-wide Content Management System (CMS). More information on this will be included in the next update!
- Responses to our Request for Information (RFI) for design partnership to create the next iteration of the Hope College web site have been received
- Technical coding with Presto! Sports for the Athletics web site. The site design was created here at Hope and Presto! is managing the site coding and transition of thousands of web pages, statistics and images. Presto! has served as the content management system for numerous other MIAA schools, as well as the MIAA itself, and provides a number of efficiencies for reporting and statistical tracking.
- Invitations and other communications are being prepared for Dr. Knapp’s Inauguration and Homecoming. Recently we created pieces for the Kruizenga Art Museum groundbreaking and Haworth Engineering dedication.
- Working on brand implementation with Student Development departments and the HopeFund.
- Organizing font licenses and installation with our colleagues at CIT.
- Preparing to transition several campus blogs (Admissions, Study Abroad) to a local installation of WordPress.
- Coming soon – a new web-based campus map provided through CampusBird and with lots of help with colleagues in Admissions. We will more officially launch the maps in the weeks ahead, but we welcome your feedback now: http://maps.hope.edu Also, we’re working on improving the building outlines and labels available through Google Maps.
- Signed a contract with WebDAM to provide a Digital Asset Management (DAM) system to store tens of thousands of campus photographs and other resources that are created each year.
- Have you seen the new banners on the campus lightpoles? We had a lot of fun designing them and are very thankful to our friends at Physical Plant for their help in getting them installed! We are also working on a number of other campus signs.
We are grateful for the participation and encouragement of so many around campus. We truly enjoy working with you and discovering new ways that we can implement the Hope College brand!