As the semester is underway, we thought we would share some helpful information and suggestions about campus-wide communication. Let us know if you have questions or if we can be helpful in any way!
WHAT IS HOPE DAILY?
- Hope Daily is the official email distribution system of the college. Along with inHope, Hope Daily is one of our primary ways of communicating to large internal audiences.
- If you have an event or information that is useful to the greater Hope community, you may submit an announcement to Hope Daily. The message must be Hope-related and originate from a faculty or staff Hope email address.
- Submissions received by 12 noon each weekday will be distributed on the following business day unless specified otherwise
HOW TO SUBMIT TO HOPE DAILY
- Visit inHope, hover over Resources and click the link for the Hope Daily Submissions form.
- Complete the fields in the form:
- Primary/secondary name
- Primary/secondary email address
- Department/program name
- Headline (80 characters maximum)
- Announcement or news item (400 characters maximum)
- Web link for more information (optional)
- Press release
- Calendar item
- Blog post
- Google doc or shared file in Drive
- Web page
- Date on which you would like to have your information shared in “Hope Daily” (if other than the next business day)
- Click Submit
WHAT BELONGS (OR DOESN’T BELONG) IN HOPE DAILY?
Good question. View our submission guidelines.
- Regular messages to students or specific targeted groups of students (e.g., all Philosophy majors) are handled through the Studentmail system (email@example.com), coordinated by the Office of the Registrar.
- inHope is Hope College’s intranet and is only accessible to individuals who have a hope.edu email address.
- inHope includes campus announcements, news, events, employee and student directories, Marketplace and links to common campus resources and services.
- To submit an inHope announcement, complete the announcement form and determine how long you want your announcement to stay active.
- The Hope College Calendar is a publicly accessible master list of events. Events on the calendar also appear on inHope, department websites, and digital signage.
- To post your event on the calendar:
- Make your campus room reservation through EMS.
- Select ‘Yes’ to display this event on the Hope College public calendar.
- Include descriptive text in the “Event Details” section of the room reservation.
- Approved events typically appear on the campus calendar in 1–2 business days.
- List all of your department events on the calendar, even if attendance is not open to the public. If your event is invite-only, do not post your event.
- Promote your event by emailing more information and/or a custom photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For assistance with room reservations, contact the Events and Conferences Office (email@example.com, 616.395.7222).
Please send any questions about Campusmail, inHope and the Calendar to Public Affairs and Marketing (firstname.lastname@example.org, 616.395.7860).