Hayley Schultz ’17 – SIT Serbia, Bosnia and Kosovo: Peace & Conflict Studies in the Balkans

IMG_0502Back for a second semester — Hayley moves from the SIT Tunisia program to the SIT Balkans program!!

Hi there! My name is Hayley Schultz and I’m a junior at Hope pursuing a composite major in Peace and Conflict Transformation. For my next adventure I will be spending some time in Eastern Europe, a place I have never been and am very eager to explore. While my home base will be Belgrade, Serbia, I will also be visiting Bosnia-Herzegovina and Kosovo. During my time abroad I will be studying the history of the break-up of Yugoslavia and the escalation of violent conflicts and wars that followed. Part of my program involves a month-long independent study project in journalism. I hope to produce a feature story that can be considered for publication in a U.S. media outlet.  I can’t wait to share my study abroad adventures with you! I’ll also be posting pictures on my instagram so be sure to check those out as well @hashope7.