Thank you for expressing interest in The Bell Tower. Here you will find all of the information regarding applying for a position!
Applications are open only to Hope students returning for the 2023-24 school year
Applications are due Friday, April 21, 2023
Wondering what positions are opening? Check them out below!
Subject Editors: Natural Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences, Fine Arts
- Connect with authors in a timely manner to discuss their pieces.
- Hold numerous meetings with each author as the editing progresses.
- Ensure readiness of each piece for publication with respect to its research, structure, Christian commitment, and overall content.
- Communicate with the Stylistic Editor and Editor in Chief about the status of the pieces.
- Make final stylistic edits on each piece before journal goes to the printer. These edits include (but might not be limited to) grammar, syntax, and citation formatting.
- Handle administrative and logistical tasks to ensure smooth operation of journal
- Serve as secretary during meetings
- Help plan events in cooperation with other college departments (Catering, etc.) as needed
- Design layout of every interior page of journal in keeping with the style of The Bell Tower.
- Work closely with the publisher on details regarding publication.
- Detail dates of publication and arrange distribution of the completed journal.
- Photograph headshots for staff to be posted on the website and social media.
- Photograph images to accompany articles in physical and online journal.
Have further questions regarding the application process?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org