Check out last weeks top 10 practical tips. BUT NOW… we have the few not so practical, but a bit more realistic!
10. You will either gain the freshman 15 or lose it because you can’t function as an adult, so embrace it.
9. Take Health Dy as a freshman – or a May term! You don’t want to be the freaky senior in a freshman filled class…plus it’s a requirement. So just do it.
8. Be frugal right off the bat, because you will spend more money than you hoped too no matter what. It’s real life here and surprises pop up! Be prepared, and just take it easy.
7. You don’t need a 21 meal-plan. Unless you’re really freaky and you are actually going to wake up at 8AM to go eat breakfast and make it to class on time…Yeah, I didn’t think so.
6. Don’t plan to have a social life. At least if you aim low, you can always incorporate social activities later, right? You’re at school for school. Remember that.
5. Everyone is your best friend for the first two months. After that, you’ll begin to incorporate people of more your interest type and skill level, but until then, be nice to all!
4. You don’t have to be best friends with your roommate. You just have to live together peacefully. Some people are really good friends with their roommate(s) and others aren’t so much. Don’t worry about it.
3. Don’t go home every weekend, even though you want too. You need to make the quirky relationships that are formed at 3am on Saturdays and you don’t want to miss the Gathering on Sunday! You also should go to some college activities because they are FUN.
2. Don’t bring everything your mom told you to..unless you don’t live in the USA. You won’t need half of the things you think you will..like pots and pans and an excessive amount of dishes…play it by ear and bring more things during break if you think you really need them.
1. You won’t stay in touch with all of your high school friends, so don’t expect to. It’s just the way it is. People go in different directions, and the biggest thing you once had in common (going to the same school), isn’t true anymore. So…ya.
Holla! It’s finals weeks so I haveta study! See ya next year!