Wahoooo my first year at Hope College is officially complete!!!!!! I feel so incredibly blessed for opportunity to learn and grow at this place. The best part is I have 3 more years. My first year at Hope has been filled with great memories, professors, classes, friends, and fun.
As I reflect on the entire year, it makes me sad to think of not seeing my friends for a whole summer, but not too sad, because summer lasts only a short time. Hope has been a great place to not only learn from academics, but also learn about myself.
- Freshman Orientation — an experience I will never forget
- Watching the Pull for the first time — INTENSE
- Competing and winning the Nykerk competition — Yeah Even Year!
- Several trips to the beach — Beautiful Tunnel and Holland State Park
- Buying my first longboard — and now always longboarding
- Club Durf Dance parties — dressing up in costumes
- Late night talks — so many with my great roommate
- IHOP & Steak ‘n Shake midnight runs — careful with these, freshman 15…
- Spring Fling — possibly one of the best days at Hope College
- Concerts — local artists from Hope have a lot of great talent
- Playing in the snow — you have to make the most of the cold weather =]
- Skiing at Crystal and Boyne Mountain — I love skiing and want to take more trips next year
- Endless time at coffee shops — I love studying at JP’s Coffee, just a block from campus
- Chicago trip — provided by SAC (Hope’s Social Activities Committee), shopped a whole day and watched the City of Lights festival
These are just a couple of things that pop into my mind. This year really has been great. As cheesy as this sounds, college really is the best time of your life. I know everyone says it, but I now think I have had one of the best years of my 19 while being at Hope College.
Until next time,
Pictures from Spring Fling day