Good Tuesday afternoon, friends.
It has been one of “those” weeks. I’m just so exhausted and stressed, but I can’t stop and have to keep going. Otherwise, I will not get anything done. Last week was super stressful, but now that’s over, and this week is going by so fast, the rest of this week should be looking good. Nothing exciting really happened this past weekend. I mean, all I did was study. That’s exciting, at least for me (because now I know the content and material)! This post is just going to be a bunch of random events that have occurred, but hey, it’s something.
1) February is almost over: You heard me right. It’s about time, though. Although February is the shortest month of the year by days, it’s the longest because it’s smack-dab in the middle of winter, and there are no exciting events that occur. But this Friday is the last day of the month. I am so pumped, you have no idea! Why? Because that means it’s more than halfway through the semester, spring break is approaching, and before you know it, THE SEMESTER IS OVER! Time flies, especially at Hope.
2) My clinical/ATI: So as nursing majors in clinicals, we are required to take ATI tests which measure our knowledge in that particular field of nursing. It’s basically a standardized exam that prepares students from the NCLEX-RN licensure exam when we graduate. I’ve started studying for this last week, but really focused on it this past weekend. As annoying and time consuming these exams are, it will be worth it in the end, because (I hope) I will pass! 🙂 Today also marked the last day of my OB clinical. I DID IT! To celebrate, my peers and my professor went out to lunch. It was great company. Here’s a picture!
I’m glad that this clinical is over, but I will definitely miss the cohesion we all had as peers and the instruction we received from our professor.
3) The Winter Blues: Yes, I’m pretty sure the campus is experiencing a “Winter Blues” type of illness. I’ve just noticed through observation that many people are stressed, tired, and lethargic, including myself! Winter is great, but it’s time for the summer. I need the heat, the beach, and the sun. I want to be out and about running. I can’t stand running inside anymore! Here are some things I’ve been doing to manage my “Winter Blues.”
- Watching Netflix (30 Rock)
- Sleeping (sleeping longer and napping more often)
- Hanging out with friends
- Getting ahead on school work (for motivation)
- and MORE NETFLIX.
It’s really crazy to think that this week is midterms. I can’t get over how fast time is flying by. It rocks. As of today, Tuesday February 25th 2014, I have 70 days until my summer excursion in Europe! How exciting! Alright folks, I’ll be posting later this week. In the meanwhile, follow me on twitter at @HopeMarvin15. You won’t regret it.