This week has just been awesome. I have been so blessed and felt so much joy! I hope you’ve all had an even more incredible week than I have, but even if you haven’t, I just want you to know that there is still so much to celebrate!
Here is my list of things to be happy about today!
1. Jesus loves you matchlessly, endlessly, and unconditionally. If that’s not something to be happy about, then I have no clue what is!
2. There are people who want to love you as closely to the way Jesus loves you as they can. You might not see it right now, but trust me, they’re there somewhere. Sometimes the hardest thing is letting people love us because we don’t always think that we’re worthy of it. Trust me, you are worthy and you are loved. If you don’t think so, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I would love to talk to you!
3. A bunch of Ben Rector music (or maybe all of it?) just appeared on Spotify. This is a big deal. SO PUMPED.
4. Taco Bell. Enough said.
5. The song “One-Eyed Cat” by Jenny & Tyler exists. And it is awesome.
6. No words necessary.
7. God has a plan for you and He’ll reveal it to you when the time is right. And it will be amazing.
8. Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Monkey ice cream. If you haven’t tried it you should probably go do that. I’m a very recent fan (as in within the past 3 hours…) and I’m never turning back.
9. THIS CUTE DOG.
10. God answers our prayers. It’s not always when we want it to be, or in the way we want it to be, but he answers them. Sometimes his answer is, “I have something better,” and while we might be a little disappointed about that at first, in the end, it’s AWESOME.
11. Ingrid Michaelson is coming to Hope on Friday! Which means even more incredible events will be coming in the future!
12. God has called you beautiful and He has called you his.
13. Whether or not you are healthy, think of all the crazy intricacies that God knit together in your body to make you work. The human body is truly a masterpiece – such an incredible work of God’s art! You truly are fearfully and wonderfully made by the God who made the Grand Canyon, cardinals, Jupiter, and every snowflake. How cool does it get?
14. Can we just talk about the cookies from Subway? Um. How delicious.
15. Seeing someone else smile and knowing they are truly happy, even if you don’t know why.
16. Dr. Pepper! Oh wait, is that just me…?
17. The movie Up. If that movie doesn’t make your heart smile, I don’t get it!
18. Seeing people who just glow with love for Jesus! So awesome.
19. Doing something you love and being truly satisfied with it. Whether you played a beautiful song, cooked a great meal, aced a test, had an awesome life-talk with a friend, spread (and received) some awesome joy through babysitting a lucky kid, have successfully kept a potted plant alive in your dorm room (a true accomplishment!), surprised a friend, wrote a heartfelt poem, or whatever, you’ve probably done something awesome recently and you might not have even realized it!
20. You belong to God. You will see his plans for your life come to fruition for his glory and your benefit.
What are you happy about this week? Let me know so I can be happy about it with you! Even if you’re in the midst of a tough time right now, I’d still love to hear about something you are happy about, no matter how small it may be! Leave a comment, email me at email@example.com, or tweet @hopekathryn17! Thanks for reading!
So I pray that God, who gives you hope, will keep you happy and full of peace as you believe in him. May you overflow with hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.