Well everyone, I hope you’re ready to take a well deserved few days off, as tomorrow begins Winter Break. You all deserve it, you’ve worked hard so far this semester!
Thanks for coming back for part 2 of discovering all that Phelps has to offer! Without further adieu, lets get started!
1. Chips and Dip/Salsa. This side dish is fantastic, especially when you’re craving a little crunch. First off, Phelps always has tortilla chips – right next to the soup section in a big white bowl! Then for your dips/salsas, there are always yummy options at the salad bar closest to the ice cream machine. There’s this three-bean one that I get all the time, and it’s super healthy too so it’s double goodness! Or, it’s your lucky day at ChipHOPEle, then you can always ask them for a side of salsa.
2. DIY Panini’s. This is a great option if you’re in the mood for something warm to go with a bowl of soup. All you have to do is make your own sandwich at the sandwich station (or even get one of the special ones!) and then go to the grillers right NEXT to the sandwich station, and grill up your creation! Some of the best one’s I’ve heard of are the grilled PB&J sandwich, the grilled Caprese sandwich (one of my favorites) and even making your own quesadillas with whatever fillings you want! It’s a great experience and lets you be super creative with your food – try it sometime!
3. Breakfast! Do you like breakfast for dinner? Well then these options are for you! Over where you find the dessert bars, you’ll find a breakfast oasis. There’s a whole section for cereal alone! Cheerios, Lucky Charms, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Cocoa Puffs, and Life are the main options, but sometimes there are more…it’s awesome. Then right next to that is the waffle-making station where there’s batter that you can put in a waffle iron, and when that’s done, you can top it with strawberries, whipped cream, cinnamon and chocolate chips! SO yummy.
4. Toast. It may seem simple, but it you have an upset stomach and need something plain and simple, this would be your go to food. Right by the place that Sundae Sunday is, there’s an allergen section that has different types of breads and butters and jellies, as well as a toaster for all your toasting needs. It’s plain, but it’s still oh so good!
5. Floats and Shakes. I saved the best for last! Always a Phelps favorite, you can make almost ANY combination of shake or float you could ever want. Some of my personal favorites are: an Oreo shake (just take some vanilla ice cream with a splash of 2% and tons of Oreos), a peanut butter shake (same vanilla ice cream with 2% and a few packets of peanut butter and some chocolate chips for good measure), and a fresh strawberry shake (same combo of ice cream and milk, just add fresh strawberries from the salad station if they have them)! There’s also Root Beer floats (or any float for that matter), ice cream sandwiches (ice cream and two cookies) and just plain old ice cream! SO MANY OPTIONS.
I hope you get to experience the yummy options that are available in Phelps soon! Don’t be afraid to try new things and get creative with your food options. It can be hard sometimes, but there’s always something to eat when it comes to Phelps food!
Until next time, readers!