The past couple weeks at Hope have been full of new experiences and new memories. As always, I’m so thankful for the adventures with friends! However, at the same time, as the year comes to a close, I feel sad that the time with special friends is also coming to a close. Many of them I will see again next semester, but some are graduating. So, because the semester is coming to a close, I thought I would tell you about the past couple of weeks, and all of the adventures I have had that you have to look forward too.
1. Two of my closest friends go engaged! It was so exciting to be a part of their engagement celebration last week. Throughout the planning, decorating, and picture-taking, memories were made. There’s nothing like supporting two great friends in a major life decision. I know Matt and Meg will make a great couple, and will make an impact wherever they go in life! Here’s some pictures from the evening:
2. The Cookout! Last Saturday night we enjoyed getting together as a group and having a cookout. While the cookout started out fun with enjoyable weather, a cold front and rain soon came through. However, that just made the whole event a little more exciting.
3. Admitted Students Day – It was so great to meet some of the Class of 2018 last weekend at Admitted Students Day! I know with the new students coming on campus that Hope will continue to be an awesome school with great students.
4. Research – a few days ago, I found out that I will be participating in a research project over the summer with a Hope College faculty member. I am extremely excited and thankful for the opportunity to learn more about a specific topic, and become more familiar with research procedures.
5. Easter! Finally, I am so excited to spend the weekend with my mom! It’s been a little bit since I last saw her, and I so enjoy spending time with her and laughing.
Happy Easter to you all! I hope you enjoy time with family and friends! Cherish the time you have with people, and make tons of great memories!!