I hope you are all having a wonderful week. Today I’m writing about the stresses and worries that come with the college life. They are very real and can be very troublesome. If you don’t mind I would love to give you all a little advice.
- Find something you love to do and in your spare time, do it!
- Pick a hobby that is low stress and hassle in itself.
- Make it meaningful to yourself. Maybe from memories or new memories you want to have.
This can be a huge factor in how well you handle your stress. I have been fairly stressed this year with all of the extra obligations I have besides school work. I have a few different hobbies or activities I really enjoy doing to take my mind off of things. Ill give you some examples;
- I really enjoy a good Netflix session on the futon.
- Hammocking can melt your worries away.
- Spending time with a loved one. (family, significant other, etc.)
- Music is a huge stress reliever.
I actually just started a new hobby this week. Some of my friends have record players and collect vinyls. I have been intrigued by it and have invested in a turntable and a few vinyls to start myself off. I’m very excited about this, which also takes my mind off of stress.
Since we are broke in college, purchasing things can be stressful. A great way to start a hobby that involves a cost, with minimum stress, would be to ask for it as a birthday present. This gets you started and you can slowly build your collection over time.
Remember to do things you love!
Thanks for reading, have a great week everyone. Remember to relax and take time for yourself!