I’m wiping my brow as I type this. Okay, not really. I’m sure you get the point, though; the last week has been absolutely busy. College, it’s crazy. I must say, however, that it’s an enjoyable busy if you’re able to divide your time evenly between the things you have to do.
1. School – This is a no brainer. I mean you’re at college for this reason, right? But, while studying is so important, so are the rest of the things on this list.
2. Work – I work two jobs on campus, one in an office and this one! Both are really cool jobs, but I do have to find time for both! I believe work is important in cultivating work ethic for future jobs!
3. Friends/Social Life – While school is important, it’s really important to form relationships with the people around you and not devote all of your time to studying! I find that especially at a place like Hope, people really want to find time to learn about each other and each other’s lives. There’s also so many extracurricular activities to take part in.
4. Hobbies – Whether it be a sport, reading, writing, photography, art, etc. everyone wants to find time to do something they love; it gives us happiness from inside ourselves.
5. Exercise – To many, this is a priority. In a busy college lifestyle, it can be hard to find time to exercise, especially when you have a huge exam the next day and your friends want to go walk around down town…which do you choose?
(Tip for 3, 4, and 5: Take study breaks by reading a chapter of a book you’ve picked out, going to the gym, joining a bible study, or hanging out with friends! Right now, Nykerk Song practice is my fun break!)
So you have all of these things, and maybe even more, to figure out in college. I wondered exactly how I was going to balance all of these tasks coming into college, and even last week when I began doubting my abilities as I faced the exams and projects of the middle of the semester. Yet so many people are in college and doing it all. So while there’s no definite answer to how everything gets done, it all gets done. Stress will only make it worse, so try to remain calm and…
Brooke – email me email@example.com with any questions, or follow my twitter @hopebrooke18!