Editor’s note: This post by Gloria Slaughter, Technical Services Librarian at Van Wylen, is in response to an actual question posed by a student at the reference desk. You can contact Gloria at firstname.lastname@example.org:
Question: Can I check out a book and a laptop at the same time?
Short Answer: Of course! You may have up to 50 library items checked out at the same time (books, dvds, cds, digital cameras, laptops, iPads, etc.)
- You must have your student ID to check out library materials
- Your student ID can be used to check out library materials at the Western Theological Seminary library as well as Hope College libraries
- You can renew your library materials online through the library’s catalog, HopeCAT Instructions can be found here
- You can place a hold on items in the library’s catalog, if it is currently checked out, HopeCAT. Instructions can be found here
- You can borrow items from other Michigan libraries through MeLCAT.
- If needed items are not available at our library or from other Michigan libraries, you can borrow materials through InterLibrary Loan
- -Most library databases, ebooks and ejournals are accessible from off-campus and are available 24/7 through the library’s website
- You can contact us anytime here