All Academic Success Center (ASC) services are free of charge.
- NEW THIS SEMESTER: Come to a required 30 minute information session before applying! After you attend a session, you can apply for a tutor online without an additional appointment. All information sessions will be held in VanZoeren 240:
- Thursday, January 11 at 11:00 a.m.
- Friday, January 12 at 4:00 p.m.
- Monday, January 15 at 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 16 at 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, January 18 at 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, January 19 at 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 23 at 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, January 25 at 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 30 at 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, February 2 at 4:30 p.m.
- OR, complete an application for tutoring, available on the ASC website or in 261 Van Zoeren, and turn it into the ASC with a printed copy of your schedule. Applications are being accepted starting Wednesday, January 17.
- If you did not attend an information session, you will need to meet with an ASC intern for your tutor match. You can schedule this follow-up appointment at least two days after you turn in the completed application.
- Contact and meet with your tutor, decide on a schedule for tutoring, and complete the Tutor/Tutee Agreement form, which you will return to the ASC.
- Complete a Request for Accommodations form.
- Meet with staff to discuss your accommodation request.
- Provide requested documentation that supports your request.
Request peer academic coaching:
- Complete an application for academic coaching, available on the ASC website or at the ASC, Van Zoeren 261, and turn it in at the ASC with a printed copy of your schedule.
- Schedule and attend an appointment with the coordinator for your coaching pair-up.
- Contact your coach to get started.
Request study-strategies assistance:
- Call 616-395-7830 or stop in at the ASC, VanZoeren 261, to make an appointment.
- Meet with staff to discuss your needs.