Have you ever made a New Year’s resolution only to find yourself giving up or forgetting about it two weeks later? We have great news- you still have time to start strong this semester! There is never a wrong time to start implementing a healthy habit. The Academic Success Center (ASC) provides loads of strategies and resources that can help equip you this winter and spring.
Here are a few tips to help you succeed this semester:
- Get organized
- Take all of the information you received last week from your syllabi, and put the assignment information into this Semester Planning document. This printable handout allows you to put all major/minor assignment deadlines in one place so you can have a “zoomed out” view of what this semester will demand.
- Our Student Resources site provides great videos, articles, and handouts on everything from Organization, to Note Taking, to Time Management.
- Take advantage of an ASC service
- Applications for tutoring assistance are now open for many of our 100 and 200 level courses. Tutors will be available until all spots are filled or April 11th.
- Apply for Peer Partnership Learning (PPL) in Biology 106, Chemistry 126, Engineering 122, or Engineering 241.
- Attend a Group Study Session. We have several offerings within the Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, Math, and Physics department.
- Schedule a one-on-one session with our staff to talk about study strategies or other personalized success tips.
- Remember that you have people in your corner!
- Faculty have office hours for a reason. Don’t be afraid to reach out to your professors early so that you stay on track.
- Your Advisor is a great resource who can help you navigate academic planning and major declaration. If they don’t know the answers to your questions, they know where to find them and can make a referral to the campus office related to your concerns.
- Support offices on campus like the ASC, Boerigter Center, Center for Diversity and Inclusion (CDI), CAPS, Disability and Accessibility Resources (DAR), and Residential Life all exist to ensure that you are a thriving student at Hope.
While all of the ASC resources can be found online, you are welcome to stop by our office in Van Zoeren 261 Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. We’re excited to support and celebrate your success this semester!