Welkom one and all! (That means welcome in Dutch!)
I’m one of your new bloggers, how exciting! The name is Marvin Solberg, but all of my friends, and the majority of people call me “Marv.” Anyways, this will be a little FAQ session for YOU! Don’t you want to know about the person whose blog you’re reading. I would. Well, let’s dive in!
Name: Marv Solberg
Hometown(s): I was originally from the Philippines. Then, I moved to Traverse City, Michigan when I was 8. So my hometown in the Philippines was Olongapo City and my hometown in the United States is Traverse City, MI, the Cherry Capital of the World!
High School: Traverse City Central High School. one of the largest high schools in my city. I had a graduating class of about 300 people.
Major: NURSING! I love being around people and taking care of people. Ultimately, my goal is to become a pediatric oncology psychiatric nurse. (Does that even exist?)
My Hope Involvement: Currently, I am involved in so many groups at Hope. Let me list them for you! I am a core member for SAC (Social Activities Committee), I am a student blogger, a member of the ballet club & hip-hop club, and am a nursing teaching assistant! There are literally hundreds of clubs and organizations you can get involved it. It’s great.
Some of you are probably so eager to know why I came to Hope. Long story short:
- It definitely was not my top choice. Why? Because I had family that went here and I wanted to do something different.
- Hope consistently kept in touch with me during my senior year of high school, which rocked and showed me that they care!
- I took a campus visit in the Fall (probably the most beautiful time to do a visit!) and it was just so picturesque. I definitely felt like I was “home.”
- The academics were out of this world. I knew I was going to be challenged.
- And lastly, Chapel. When I got goosebumps while I was singing, I knew this was the place for me.
It’s crazy to think that I’m halfway through my college career! I can’t wait to share my experiences with you all. Honestly, there is no other place I would be. Without Hope College, my life would be so dramatically different.
A few last minute reminders:
- Make sure you follow me on Twitter, @HopeMarvin15 to see whats going on everyday!
- Follow the other bloggers on twitter and read their blogs!
- Lastly, stay in touch! I’ll post more blogs frequently!
Thanks for reading all!