So you’re debating whether the Hope College Campus life is for you…. Not really sure if you should live on campus, off campus, commuter??? WELL. Do I have some good pointers for you. Here are the top reasons I LOVE living on campus and why I will for ALL FOUR YEARS of my undergrad education
1. My financial aid stays nice and happy like I like it. 🙂
- I don’t have to buy toilet paper. It’s always provided.
- The physical plant man fixes all my problems like broken stove clocks and burnt out lightbulbs, and even helps me push my car out of a snowbank!!
- I don’t pay for electricity or heat (ok you could debate that I do but really I would prefer to think that I don’t).
- My driveway gets plowed whenever I want it to!!!!
- I am 1.5 blocks away from all my classes (but sometimes that seems really far on Hope’s campus).
- I can keep my 7+ meal plan so that I don’t starve!
- When I need money, I can walk to an ATM in Dewitt Student Center (disclaimer: this money is not free. It comes from your account…I know…it was sad when I realized that too).
- When it’s a snow day, I can still walk to the lab 😉
- I literally never have to drive if I don’t want to.
- I can get up at 8:22 for my 8:30 class and be on time!!!!
- The Hope shuttle that drives around from residence hall to residence hall has a bus stop right at my driveway (SUPER CONVENIENT in this winter arctic weather).
- Constantly furnished everything!!!
Now perks of living in an apartment on Hope’s campus:
- I have a kitchen to myself!!! And I can bake whenever I please.
- I have a living room that is very quiet.
- Nobody is allowed in except people I like (ok this is true anywhere I suppose).
- I can workout in my living room!
- Hope provides shovels and salt for scary winter conditions.
- I can put a standup kickboxing bag with my roommates face on it in the living room and she just laughs.
- I can have an exercise ball to roll around on.
- We are a part of a Hope College neighborhood ( a web of supportive community alliances).
- I have a driveway for my little car to park in.
- I have a backdoor that leads to wildlife (squirrels, skunks, kittens….).
- I have my own WASHER AND DRYER. holler.
- I can sleep anywhere in my apartment if I so desire.
- I can have late night romcom movie sobbing sessions and nobody will know.
- I have every appliance known to man and my kitchen fits them all!!!! (toaster, coffeepot, keurig, blender, crockpot x 3, espresso machine, microwave, rice cooker)
- I can leave my homework all over my couch and nobody complains.
- I can hang artwork all over the walls.
If that doesn’t make you excited to come to college, I’m not sure what will!!!! Send your questions and comments to email@example.com or tweet me @hopeamanda15!!