So this week has been nuts! I’ll just give you a mini outline of my week.
- Worked out at the Dow
- 4-hour role play interview over the phone for my after-graduation job
- Gave a 15-minute presentation during my interview on Roth IRAs
- Attended Mortar Board’s Friendship Prom with special needs adults from the community.
- Met for a group presentation
- Went to Applebee’s with some of my friends for Monique’s birthday
- Presented a group project on the Federal Reserve
- Worked a table outside of Phelps encouraging students to write a Thank you card to alumni (and I enjoyed an awesome Phelps meal)
- Was in class 9:30 AM-5 PM
- Attended the Business Club dinner with faculty from the college, local business professionals, and students
- Spent the rest of the night in the library
- Woke up bright and early to work on homework at JP’s
- Went to class and then work for the rest of the afternoon
- Worked in the library for five hours
- Finished the night celebrating one of my friend’s birthday
- Attended class from 9:30 AM-5:00 PM
- Attended the Student Ambassador meeting from 11 AM-12 PM
- Gave 2 presentations
- Went out to dinner with Ali
- Watched Hope Volleyball play in the National Championship Tournament
- Listened to friends perform at the Thursday night coffee house in the Kletz
- Played an 11:00 PM IM tennis game
- Studied till 1:30 AM
- Woke up bright and early (again) to study at Good Earth
- Attended Chapel
- Took my final test for the week
- Now I’m breathing a sigh of relief
This week has been full of activity. I believe that learning how to balance everything in college is crucial. This week with all of my class assignments, I thought there was no way I would be able to accomplish everything. However, I just had to keep focus on my work, but also allow my time for a little fun here and there because you need breaks while studying. I didn’t come to Hope just to learn, but to also surround myself in an uplifting community. Sometimes in college you will feel completely overwhelmed! But you will make it through! I try to break my assignments into pieces so that I don’t cram it all in the night before it is due. I’ve learned a lot about studying and managing my time these past four years, and don’t worry you’ll learn the importance of time management very soon in college!
Enjoy your weekend. Hope it is relaxing!