Are you interested in searching our funding database for sponsors and programs interested in funding your research, educational, or outreach activity? Are you interested in receiving targeted funding opportunities that align with your interests daily or weekly?
If so, please consider participating in a brief workshop on the use of SPIN and SMARTS. SPIN is a database of funding opportunities from government/public sources, private foundations, and corporations from all disciplines. SMARTS is an email notification system that alerts researchers to new or updated opportunities which align with their research interests. SMARTS is connected to the funding opportunities listed in the SPIN database.
This workshop will provide participants with:
- An overview of the SPIN database, including how to search for funding opportunities;
- Creating your SPIN account; and
- Creating and updating your SMARTS notifications.
Four workshops will be held in March 2019. Each workshop will have approximately 30 minutes of brief instruction, followed by 30 minutes for participants to utilize SPIN/SMARTS. Each session will be held at a campus computer lab; there is no need for participants to bring their own device.
Workshops will be held:
- Monday 11 March 2019 from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm in Martha Miller 237;
- Tuesday 12 March 2019 from 8:00 am to 9:00 am in Schaap 3002;
- Wednesday 27 March 2019 from 9:00 am to 10:00 am in Schaap 3002; and
- Thursday 28 March 2019 from 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm in Martha Miller 237.
Because space is limited in each computer lab, please RSVP for these dates in advance of the sessions. You do not need to attend more than one session; content for each session will be similar.
Questions? Please contact Ron Fleischmann, Director of Sponsored Research and Programs (email@example.com).