Time Magazine Archive collects the prominent weekly news magazine from its first issue in March 1923 through December 2000. The magazine conveys to a broad audience news and analysis on a spectrum of subjects. Try it today until May 26th. To search the archive, follow the on-campus or off-campus link and then select the Time Magazine Archive option.
Life Magazine Archive collects the famed photojournalism magazine from its first issue in November 1936 through December 2000. The magazine featured story-telling through documentary photographs and informative captions. Each issue depicted international events, topical stories, and intimate views of real people. Try it today until May 26th. To search the archive, follow the on-campus or off-campus link and then select the Life Magazine Archive option.
You can access these magazine archives we’re currently testing from our database trials page. Let us know what you think by giving us your feedback.
The library has added several databases to our trials list. They are available to Hope students, faculty, and staff to try out. We appreciate feedback, and encourage everyone to contact us with comments and questions about the databases.
Available through Gale until March 31, 2014 are five databases consisting of mostly primary source materials:
- Artemis Primary Sources is an integrated research environment that allows users to search across all of their Gale primary source collections.
- Sabin Americana contains works about the Americas published throughout the world from 1500 to the early 1900s.
- The Making of the Modern World includes primary source material that tracks the development of the modern, western world through trade and wealth.
- Eighteenth Century Collections Online opens access to digital images from books published during the 18th century. Full-text searching is available in the fiels of history, literature, religion, law, fine arts, science and more.
Also available through March 31, 2014 are Early English Books Online (EBBO), American Antiquarian Society (AAS) Historical Periodicals Collection, and American Theological Library Association (ATLA) Historical Monographs Collection.
- EBBO contains digital facsimiles of virtually every work printed in England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and British North America from 1473-1700.
- AAS provides digital access to the most comprehensive collection of American periodicals published between 1691-1877. There are five series available from our databases trial page.
- ATLA consists of two series that provide access to more than 29,000 titles focused on religion and theology. Access the two series from our databases trial page.