The library is again collecting items for Community Action House through December 14.
In addition to the most-needed items listed below, we would like to encourage monetary donations which can be made directly on the Community Action House website. While canned goods are great donations, bulk food purchases with donated funds can go further.
When choosing items to donate, please consider purchasing high protein, low-sodium and low-sugar items so Community Action House families have healthy products to pick from. Personal care items are also in high demand.
Personal Care items needed:
- toilet paper
- laundry detergent
- body wash
- dish soap
- cleaning supplies (such as all-purpose cleaning spray)
- paper towel
- baby shampoo
- baby wipes
Food pantry items needed:
- spaghetti sauce
- diced tomatoes and tomato sauce (low sodium)
- variety of canned vegetables (low sodium)
- canned fruit (in 100% juice)
- refried beans
- canned meat – tuna, chicken (low sodium and in water not oil preferred)
- whole grain cereal with no added sugar
- brown rice
- wheat flower
- 100% whole grain pasta and crackers
- small bottles of cooking oil
- baking powder
- low-sodium broths
- canned soup (low sodium)
Thank you for partnering with us to help our Holland community members have access to these items!