Meet our new Executive Director, Shonn Colbrunn!
If you have not already heard the news the Career Development Center is no more! We have combined our efforts with Alumni and Family Engagement as well as Academic Advising to form the Boerigter Center for Calling and Career.
Shonn Colbrunn ’94 is leading the charge as the first Executive Director of the Boerigter Center and he is thrilled to be back at Hope College!
Shonn answers 10 questions to help us all learn more about him:
- Why did you want to apply for this position at Hope College?
“It seemed like an opportunity to make a lasting impact at an institution that is close to my heart. I would not have applied for this position if it were at any other college.”
- What do you like to do in your free time?
“I enjoy spending time with my family, boating and water sports, playing competitive beach volleyball and playing the bass guitar.”
- What is your favorite part about Hope College/Holland?
“My favorite part about Holland is living in an area where people vacation in the summer; I love being close to Lake Michigan and the beautiful summers here.”
- One Shonn Colbrunn fun fact:
“I am a father of sixteen-year-old triplets: two boys and one girl.”
- If you could have dinner with one person in history, who would it be and why?
“I have always been really fascinated by genealogy and family research. I would love to sit down and talk to my great-great-great-grandfather who came from Germany in 1848 and moved to Ohio.”
- What is your favorite quote?
“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication’ Leonardo da Vinci. So many things can become complex and complicated, and I like to take complicated things and make them easier.
- If you could travel to any country on earth, where would you go?
“There are so many places I would like to go. I really enjoy historical sites, so I think it would be fun to explore Greece, Rome, and other interesting places in that area.”
- You are a contestant on American Idol – which song do you sing?
“You’ve Lost that Loving Feeling’ by the Righteous Brothers. When I was a student at Hope College, my buddy Durwood and I sang that song at a karaoke night!”
- Who do you admire the most and why?
“My dad. I have learned so much from him, and he has so many great qualities. He is very patient, positive and can fix anything!”
- What are you looking forward to the most about working at the Boerigter Center for Calling and Career?
“I am looking forward to helping all students become more successful and building stronger connections as we begin our new chapter at the Boerigter Center.”
Here at the Boerigter Center, we truly care about getting to know the students that we work with. We hope this little bit of insight into our new leader encourages students throughout campus to come check out the BCCC for themselves!