Now that Spring Break is around the corner and most people are traveling home or to Florida, it made me starting thinking: If I could go anywhere in the world for a vacation, where would I go? Therefore, I thought I would dedicate this blog to the places that I would absolutely love to visit, even if it’s just for a brief amount of time. Here we go:
- England—Ok, so there are so many places in England I would want to visit. For instance, of course I want to visit Big Ben, Buckingham Palace and Westminster Abbey. However, I also want to go to Wiltshire and see Stonehenge because I’m in complete awe about how that thing even got there. It would also make a pretty awesome Facebook profile picture!
- New York—This is the most doable destination because it’s still in the US, but I have no idea when I would actually be able to make my way over there. I think it would be awesome to go to Time Square and see a Broadway play and just walk around. I could really feel like I was experiencing the hustle and bustle that people are always talking about and feel like a cast member in Gossip Girl or Sex and the City.
- France—I’ve heard both good and bad things about France. From friends that have visited, they said it’s pretty grimy and the people are rude. Regardless, I would love to go to the Eiffel Tower, no matter how cliché and stereotypical that is.
- Thailand—This is a location that is new to my list over the past year. I had never really thought about Thailand before but I’ve seen pictures and it seems like such a beautiful place. I would love to visit either Phang Nga Bay or Ko Phi Phi because it looks gorgeous and they have caves and cool islands that would be a blast to explore. Pretty much any location that is tropical like this such as the Bahamas or the Great Barrier Reef would be such a great experience!
- Peru—Who doesn’t want to visit Machu Picchu? I’ve had family members visit and I’m completely jealous they got to visit one of the Seven Wonders of the World. I definitely want to visit one of these wonders in my lifetime. In addition, Peru would be amazing, but anywhere in South America such as Brazil would be really cool to visit. I’ve only been there once and it was very brief so I think it would be an excursion of a lifetime if I was to head south of the equator!
Well, that’s my list as of right now! I’m sure I’ll be changing my mind throughout the years and my availability may cause me to put things in perspective, but I can dream, right? I hope everyone who is going on Spring Break has a relaxing and safe break and enjoys getting away from school for a while!
Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter @hopeleslie15.