I haven’t written you all a blog in quite a while now that fellow blogger, Marvin, and I have been doing some video blogs about campus buildings! If you haven’t seen them, you should check them out! Anyways, last weekend I had quite an adventure that I thought I would share with everyone. My housemates and I went to Chicago for the day and enjoyed a warm day in the Windy City. Every year, the Student Activities Committee (SAC) has a trip for students and bring them to Chicago for only $5! I look forward to this trip every year because I typically go with my closest friends and then get to see other friends and family once I’m there in Chicago. Here’s a breakdown of the day:
- Everybody met near the flagpole on campus and left for Chicago in charter buses at 9:00 am. About three or four buses usually take students, so it’s a pretty big activity!
- After three or so hours of driving, we finally arrive in the heart of the city and the buses drop us all off and let us wander around and do whatever we want!
- My friends and I went immediately to the Water Tower and other stores around there and got some quick shopping in before meeting up with my brother for a little bit.
- We all scrambled trying to find my brother and when we finally did, we were craving smoothies. Fortunately, the Water Tower has a smoothie place that we flocked to and quickly hydrated before doing more shopping.
- All of my friends and brother went to various stores including Anthropology, which I’ve never been in before, and looked at all of their knick-knacks. Despite the steep prices, it’s such a cool place to wander around and smell candles and whatever else you find there!
- It was approaching the late afternoon and we all wanted to go to the Cheesecake Factory for an early dinner so we headed over there. Unfortunately they don’t take reservations so we had to just wait it out until we were seated. I don’t know about you, but I’ve never been to the Cheesecake Factory, but it was GLORIOUS! Go there if you ever have the opportunity!
- It was time to head back so we all rushed back to the bus at 7:00 pm and got settled in for another long ride. I’m pretty sure most people fell asleep on the way back due to pure exhaustion after walking around all day. Once we arrived back to Hope, it was funny to see everyone carrying a bunch of bags full of things they bought and disperse to their respective dorms or apartments.
This trip has always been a highlight of the year for me and it comes at the perfect time each year when you just need to get away from campus for a little bit. For anyone that is reading this, I strongly suggest looking into this great SAC activity!!! Spots fill up quickly so you have to keep a close eye on when sign-ups are!
Have a great rest of your week and don’t forget to follow me @hopeleslie15!!!