Eating, it’s activity! But cooking in college can seem a little stressful. So, whether you’re currently in college, or you’re a high school student, I thought it would be fun to share some recipes from a few of my goods friends. (If you’re not in college yet, you can practice you’re cooking skills…. because one day you’ll be needing them)
Tortilla Soup – Megan Farwell
- 16 oz. can of Refried Beans
- 15 oz. can Black Bean – rinsed and drained
- 14 oz. Chicken Broth
- 1 1/2 cups of Corn Kernels
- 1 cup of Salsa
- 1 cup cooked cubed Chicken
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 cups Shredded Cheese – divided in two
- Baked Tortilla Chips
Combine first seven ingredients, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for ten minutes. Add one cup of cheese. Cook until the cheese is melton. When serving sprinkle with cheese, crushed tortilla chips, and sour cream.
Pizzadillas – Minchul Kim
- Sprinkle generous amount of shredded mozzarella cheese on flour tortillas
- Place pepperonies – or any meat of choice (precooked)
- Bake until the ouside is brown and crisp
This delicious meal can be enjoyed with marinara sauce or you can apply marinara in step two.
Cream Cheese Chicken Chili – Julia Slopsema
- 4 frozen chicken breasts
- 2 cans of Rotel tomatoes
- 2 cans of corn, undrained
- 2 cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 packages of Ranch dressing mix
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 1 Tsp. of onion or garlic powder
- 2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese
- Chili toppings: cilantro, sour cream, and avocado
The recipe has quite a few steps (all very doable). If you’re interested in making this yummy chili check out the following link for directions!
Pan-Fried Tilapia – Chelsea
- 1 tilapia filet
- Italian seasoning
Melt butter in skillet. Place tilapia in pan, and cover with italian seasoning. Brown tilapia and flip. Sprinkle italian seasoning on the other side. Cook until nicely browned – should take about 15 minutes.
Hopefully these yummy recipes inspire you to try cooking (or give you new cooking ideas).
Hope y’all all have a great weekend! Make sure to check back next week for a Hope Volleyball update!