“A Good Circle”

This spring, Malcolm Gladwell visited campus for the Catalyst Summit. While he was at Hope, Gladwell interviewed President Matt Scogin and Hope Forward students for his podcast, Revisionist History. The episode is called “A Good Circle” and we’re honored to be a part of the conversation about changing the funding model of higher education. Listen …

What Other People Are Asking About Hope Forward

This blog post is part of a series. Read the introduction and Meet Some of Our Hope Forward Students, Why Apply to Hope Forward?, What Connections Are Hope Forward Students Making on Campus?, What Are Some Challenges to Being a Hope Forward Student? and How has Hope Forward Changed Your View of Generosity in Higher …

Can Hope Forward Work on Other Campuses?

This blog post is part of a series. Read the introduction and Meet Some of Our Hope Forward Students, Why Apply to Hope Forward?, What Connections Are Hope Forward Students Making on Campus?, What Are Some Challenges to Being a Hope Forward Student? and How has Hope Forward Changed Your View of Generosity in Higher …

How has Hope Forward Changed Your View of Generosity in Higher Education?

This blog post is part of a series. Read the introduction and Meet Some of Our Hope Forward Students, Why Apply to Hope Forward?, What Connections Are Hope Forward Students Making on Campus? and What Are Some Challenges to Being a Hope Forward Student? Jim: Before they cut me off, how has this experience, if …

What Are Some Challenges to Being a Hope Forward Student?

This blog post is part of a series. Read the introduction and Meet Some of Our Hope Forward Students, Why Apply to Hope Forward? and What Connections Are Hope Forward Students Making on Campus? Jim: Let me just jump in before I lose time. We were backstage getting ready to go on, and of course, …

What Connections Are Hope Forward Students Making on Campus?

This blog post is part of a series. Read the introduction and Meet Some of Our Hope Forward Students and Why Apply to Hope Forward? Jim: Tell me this, and anyone can answer this if you like, we don’t have to go down the aisle. Do you have a “Hope who?” And by that, I …

Why Apply to Hope Forward?

This blog post is part of a series. Read the introduction and Meet Some of Our Hope Forward Students. Jim: I think [people] might be interested to know how you each heard of Hope Forward and what motivated you to apply for this program. YJ, you start. YJ: Oh man. I’m gonna be dead honest. …

Meet Some of Our Hope Forward Students

This blog post is part of a series. Read the introduction here. Let’s meet the students and our wonderful moderator, Jim McFarlin. If you haven’t met Jim yet, you’re in for a treat. Jim is an award-winning freelance writer, editor, proofreader, media coordinator and marketing consultant. He’s a proud Hope alum and a trustee. And …

Why Hope Forward and Why Now?

An Introduction to the Hope Forward Student Panel at the Catalyst Summit on the campus of Hope College, March 9, 2023. We are all here today to learn from the true stars and experts, our students, so I want to maximize our time with them today, but I’d first like to share just a little …

Water and Grace: Studying Abroad as a Hope Forward Student

Living in Jordan has completely changed my relationship with water. How does this relate to Hope Forward? Let me explain. It’s a bit of a long story — a bit of a journey, even. I hope you’ll take it with me. First off, some background information: Jordan is an arid country, and water is a …