It’s a new year! And, a new chapter for you, as well. You’ll be starting college life in just a few months. These are exciting times — but let’s be honest, these can be stressful times, too.
We want to take the worry out of your upcoming transition to Hope College and Holland, Michigan so we’ve created a “Countdown to Hope” — your checklist on next steps for financial aid, scholarships and enrollment.
November – January
- Create a FAFSA account. If you have not done so already, create your Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) at fafsa.gov and send your information to Hope using our Federal School Code, 002273.
- Complete and submit the FAFSA. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.gov, using 2016 tax information.
- Complete and submit the SAF. Visit hope.edu/saf, where you’ll find Hope’s Supplemental Application for Financial Aid (SAF). Complete the online form, then print, sign and send it to the Hope College Office of Financial Aid via mail, email or fax. (NOTE: The SAF cannot be submitted online.)
- Watch your mailbox for scholarship info. Hope begins notifying admitted students about academic (also called “merit-based”) scholarships in mid-December.
- Respond to requests. As the Office of Financial Aid staff reviews forms, they often contact families to request more information. Be sure to respond if contacted!
- Join the conversation! Follow Hope on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat (hope_college) and YouTube. Don’t forget to use the hashtag #Hope2022.
- Last call for scholarship materials! Submit or update your materials (new test scores, class rank, GPA or high school transcript) by the February 1 deadline to be considered for academic scholarships.
- Watch your mailbox for a financial aid package. The Office of Financial Aid begins sending financial aid award letters in early February. This letter includes your award package, which indicates the types and amount of aid offered to you for the 2018–19 academic year.
- Last call for financial aid forms! Still need to submit financial aid forms? Be sure to do so by the priority filing deadline, March 1.
- Remember to save your spot. In early March, Hope mails admitted students a request to submit the $300 enrollment deposit at hope.edu/deposit. This deposit reserves your place in the Class of 2022.
- May 1 — National Candidates Reply Date! To guarantee a place in Hope’s Class of 2022, submit your deposit at hope.edu/deposit. After May 1, a deposit reserves your place only if space is available. (The enrollment deposit is nonrefundable after May 1.)
- Watch your inbox for housing info. In late May, Hope emails housing materials to all students who have reserved their place in the Class of 2022.
- Watch your mailbox for registration info. Also in late May, Hope mails personal Hope College account and class registration information to all students who have reserved their place in the Class of 2022.
- Save the date. In early July, Hope mails orientation materials to all students who have reserved their place in the Class of 2022. Make plans for you and your family to attend the many activities scheduled throughout Orientation Weekend, August 24–27, 2018.
- Find out where you’ll be living. Also in early July, Hope mails housing and roommate assignments to all students who have reserved their place in the Class of 2022.
- Review your schedule. Watch your inbox for your class schedule, which Hope emails to all students who have reserved their place in the Class of 2022.
- Celebrate! You have arrived! Your first year at Hope begins with Orientation Weekend, August 24-27, 2018.