Last semester I posted several recipes that my friends and housemates enjoying cooking. Well, it’s a new semester, and we all still need to eat. So, I thought it would be fun to give y’all some more things to try cooking! Enjoy!
Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili – Courtney J.
- 1 ½ Cups Broth (Veggie or Chicken)
- 2 Sweet Potatoes (Chopped into ½ inch cubes)
- 1 Small Sweet Onion (Diced)
- 1 Can of Fire Roasted Tomatoes (14oz)
- 1 Can Black Beans (Rinsed and Drained)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
Directions: Throw all of the ingredients into a slow cooker, and set on low for 6-8 hours. Top with lime juice, avocado, sour cream and/or shredded cheddar& enjoy
Chicken Divan – Leslie K.
- 1 lb broccoli
- 1 can cream of broccoli soup
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- (1/2 cup rice for one serving)
Directions: Preheat oven to 350. Get any sort of pan and put the cooked broccoli in first. Layer it with the pre-cooked chicken, then put the cream of broccoli soup on top, followed by the shredded cheddar cheese. Cook for about 35 minutes or so. Put on top of however much rice you desire and enjoy!
Poppy Seed Chicken: Elyse M.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 sleeve of Ritz or Club Crackers
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds, or more if desired
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese
Directions: Place the chicken breasts into a large pot and cover with water. Bring to as boil over high heat, the reduce hear to medium, cover, and simmer until chicken is cooked – about 20 minutes. Drain water and shred the chicken. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the butter, crackers, and poppy seeds in a bowl; set aside. Blend the sour cream and cream of chicken soup in a bowl; pour half of the soup mixture into a 9×9-inch baking dish. Add the shredded chicken, then poor the remaining half of the soup mixture on top. Sprinkle with cheese, and top with cracker mixture. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
Hope y’all try these recipes out! Cooking can be stressful, but it doesn’t have to be. Find some friends to cook together! After all, life is better spent with others!