I can hardly believe it, but another semester is underway. Almost two full weeks of classes are in the books, and homework is piling up. However, being back at Hope is proving to be quite blessing!
This year, unlike other years, has been a little different. Instead of living in on-campus housing and eating on meal plan, I have elected to live off-campus and cook my own food (truly an adventure). Blue Big (my house’s name) has a lot of character. It’s like one of those houses that HGTV would love to get a hold of and fix up. But for now, my housemates and I are enjoying the experience of paying rent, utilities, and living without air conditioning. We survive the days of 91% humidity by standing in front of fans and eating ice cream, specifically Captain Sundae…. which isn’t too bad of a deal!
The best thing about being back at Hope College is reuniting with great friends, and making new friends. One of the greatest things about Hope is its sense of community. Even though most of my friends spent the summer apart, we jumped back into the swing of things like a day hadn’t past since our last get together.
At this point, the semester looks like it’s going to be an exciting one. So far, here are some of the things I’m most looking forward too:
- Ben Rector Concert – hosted by SAC on September 18th
- Hope vs. Calvin Volleyball game – September 20th at DeVos
- Waking up for Tax exams at 5:45 AM… thank goodness I only have 2 exams
- Watching college football with friends (Go A&M!)
- Participating in Bible study with some great friends
- Donut Runs!!
- ArtPrize – Downtown Grand Rapids
- Season 5 of Downton Abbey – Big Blue housemate bonding time
- Spending time with amazing Professors
- Watching my cousin play football for Zeeland East
- Playing euchre
I look forward to sharing my experiences with y’all in the coming weeks, and months. I am completely confident that this semester is going to be a good one!
Till next time,
P.S. I thought I’d share a couple pictures of my room. I’m pretty proud of the way it turned out!