For the past three or four weeks, I have been a member of the Global Ambassador Program for the international center at Hope. Our goal is to raise awareness and interest in studying abroad. In the case you are interested in this program, you have to study abroad, which is a requirement. Currently, we have about 14 members who has studied abroad as well.
Over the period of we will be organizing multiple events. We will be organizing movie nights, where we each member will be playing a movie from the country they had studied. There will be movies from Ireland, France, Iceland, Spain, Scotland, Chile, Mexico, and here are the dates and locations.
All movies starts at 7:30 pm.
- Thursday, March 2 – Fried Hemenway Auditorium – Rams (Iceland)
- Thursday, March 9 – DePree Cook Auditorium – The Intouchables (France)
- Wednesday, March 15 – DePree Cook Auditorium – Machuca (Chile)
- Thursday, March 30 – DePree Cook Auditorium – Sing Street (Chile)
- Thursday, April 6 – Fried Hemenway Auditorium – Soldados de Salamina (Spain)
- Thursday, April 13 – Fried Hemenway – Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (US/UK)
Also, we will be organizing a large event toward end of the year, where students who studied in France will be making French food or students who studied in Chile will be making food from Chile and etc. We are not sure of the date at this moment, but it not happening before spring break, so we will be let you know in advance.