Ready to start working on your department or office website? So are we! This month, we will begin connecting with every area of the college to plan, build and launch new sections of the website throughout the academic year.
Here are the steps required for your department or office to get started:
- Attend an OU Campus User Training session
- Attend a Writing for the Web session
- Draft a proposed site map
- Schedule a review with Public Affairs and Marketing to begin working on your site
1. OU CAMPUS USER TRAINING
These two-hour sessions will provide an introduction to our content management system, OU Campus, and will give users hands-on training in creating and editing web pages.
User training is required for everyone in your department who will be performing hands-on maintenance of your website. However, space is limited to 20 computers per session; groups from the same department or office will be asked to share a workstation.
UPDATE: Fall registration is now closed. Additional training sessions will be available monthly in the spring semester.
For those who have already registered, the following trainings will take place in Martha Miller Computer Lab 240:
- Tuesday, September 29, 10 a.m.–noon (FULL — registration is closed)
- Tuesday, October 20, 1–3 p.m. (FULL — registration is closed)
- Thursday, November 19, 1:30–3:30 p.m. (FULL — registration is closed)
2. WRITING FOR THE WEB
If you already attended an earlier Writing for the Web session, you do not need to attend again. If you haven’t, please sign up online for one of the following sessions:
- Tuesday, October 13, 1–2 p.m.
- Monday, November 2, 2–3 p.m.
Both trainings will take place in DeWitt Herrick Room.
Additional sessions will be available in the spring semester.
3. YOUR PROPOSED SITE MAP
4. SCHEDULE A REVIEW
Once you’ve completed the first three steps, let us know! We’ll schedule a meeting to review your site map, answer any questions and begin building your website.
Thanks, and please let us know if you have any questions!