With the fall semester nearly behind us, it’s time to get ready for working on your websites in the spring semester. New dates for both OU Campus User Training and Writing for the Web are now available — please sign up below using the links below.
Although it may not seem like much has been happening since our big web launch this past summer, we’ve been hard at work behind the scenes. This past semester, we’ve provided content management system training to more than 75 people representing more than 50 departments, offices and programs. The new Department of History website was the first to launch, and there’s a growing queue of others that will be launching soon — several before the end of December. And we continue to provide support and assistance for people throughout campus. It’s been exciting to see the progress!
OU CAMPUS USER TRAINING
These two-hour sessions will provide an introduction to our content management system, OU Campus, and will give users hands-on training in creating and editing web pages.
User training is required for everyone in your department who will be performing hands-on maintenance of your website. However, space is limited to 20 computers per session; groups from the same department or office will be asked to share a workstation. Please limit the number of people from your department or office to three or fewer.
All trainings will take place in Martha Miller Computer Lab 240:
- Thursday, January 21, 1–3 p.m. (CLOSED)
- Monday, February 15, 3–5 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 16, 1–3 p.m. (RESCHEDULED 2/17)
- Wednesday, April 20, 3–5 p.m.
WRITING FOR THE WEB
If you already attended an earlier Writing for the Web session, you do not need to attend again. If you haven’t, please sign up online for one of the following sessions:
- Thursday, January 7, 9–10 a.m. (Maas Conference Room)
- Monday, February 1, 10–11 a.m. (Maas Conference Room)
- Friday, March 4, 1–2 p.m. (DeWitt Herrick Room)
- Tuesday, April 5, 1–2 p.m. (Maas Conference Room)
Begin working on your website
As a reminder, here are the steps required for your department or office to get started:
- Attend an OU Campus User Training session
- Attend a Writing for the Web session
- Draft a proposed site map
- Schedule a review with Public Affairs and Marketing to begin working on your site