We’re excited to announce two new resources available to individuals who develop, edit and maintain websites in OU Campus!
Websmith is a new users group for people who maintain websites in OU Campus. We’ll use it to:
- Connect with OU Campus users in other departments and offices
- Participate in focused learning about OU Campus and/or web content
- Celebrate success of group members and other departments
- Highlight new concepts or ideas
- Identify and share best practices, tips and tricks
- Express pain points and identify solutions to common problems
If you’re interested in joining Websmith, sign up online (even if you can’t make the first meetings). We’ll add you to the email list and keep you updated with more information.
- Wednesday, July 6, 1 p.m. (Schaap 3101)
- Tuesday, August 2, 1 p.m. (Martha 240)
For the summer, we’ll be using the first hour of our Open OU Labs (see below) for Websmith. We’ll announce meeting times and locations for the fall semester at a later time.
Open OU Labs
We’ve blocked out time in a computer lab for you to drop in and ask questions, get help, or simply work on your website with fewer interruptions. I’ll be working in the lab the whole time, and we hope to have a couple of our summer student workers join us, too.
- Thursday, June 23, 8 a.m.–12 p.m. (Schaap 3101)
- Wednesday, July 6, 1–5 p.m. (Schaap 3101)
- Tuesday, July 19, 8 a.m.–12 p.m. (Schaap 3101)
- Tuesday, August 2, 1–5 p.m. (Martha 240)
- Thursday, August 18, 1–5 p.m. (Martha 240)
There’s no need to register — just show up with your questions!
On Wednesday, July 6, and Tuesday, August 2, the first hour of each open lab will be used for Websmith.