We’ve reached a major milestone in the re-branding process: finalization of the Hope College brand promise and a refined set of brand attributes. These outcomes are the result of a long-term discovery and research phase, as well as substantial discussion and discernment.
The brand promise is a statement that embodies Hope’s main reason for being:
Hope College inspires students to be fully alive in mind, body and spirit through an exceptional liberal arts education and a community grounded in a vibrant Christian faith.
The brand attributes are the aspects of Hope that are most distinctive, important and believable:
- Rare combination: rigorous academics and relevant, vibrant and inviting Christian faith
- Friendly and welcoming community
- Close student-faculty and student-staff relationships: masterful teachers and talented researchers in small classes and one-on-one collaboration
- Christian character: engages the whole person with the larger world throughout academics, co-curricular and other programs
- Nationally recognized leader: in undergraduate research, scholarship, preparation, and life-changing experiences
- Holistic Approach: Liberal arts and pre-professional programs with very high academic standards and exceptional opportunities: holistic approach has been lauded for character, preparedness, service, and life-changing experiences for students.
- Championship Athletics: tradition with scholar-athletes and community that supports College teams
- Location: Safe and historic campus located just blocks from charming town of Holland, Michigan, with outstanding college facilities, an increasingly culturally diverse community.
This promise and supporting attributes will guide the development of print and electronic marketing materials to all of Hope’s audiences. They will also serve as a common reference point for each office on campus.
— Submitted by Andrew Meyers, Assistant Director of Admissions