Dear Hope College Staff and Faculty:
Today, the Hope College Board of Trustees held a special meeting to approve the selection of a Presidential Search Committee.
Following the full board meeting in October, nominations were sought for committee members to represent the Board of Trustees, Administrative Council, Alumni Board, faculty, staff and student body. These nominations were submitted confidentially to Mary Remenschneider, who provided the lists to the Executive Committee of the board. On Dec. 1, the Executive Committee met and, through prayerful discussion and discernment, approved a slate of committee members to be representative of the many voices that comprise Hope College — diverse in thought, demographics and geography, and united in commitment to the Hope mission. Today, the full board approved the membership of the Presidential Search Committee, as follows:
Suzanne Shier, Board of Trustees – Committee Chair
Kristyn Bochniak ’01, Staff
Dr. Steve Boerigter, Board of Trustees
Clare Da Silva ’19, Student Body
Dr. Matt DeJongh, Faculty
Dan Gordon, Board of Trustees
Dr. Fred Johnson III, Faculty
Dr. Gerald Pillay, Board of Trustees
Jeff Puckett, Administrative Council
Doug Ruch ’81, Board of Trustees
Dr. Sonja Trent-Brown, Board of Trustees
Rev. Scott VanOostendorp ’75, Board of Trustees
Dr. Matt Wixson ’08, Alumni Board
As a reminder, the charge of this committee is to:
- Conduct an analysis of the college’s future needs and opportunities, and formulate a prospectus based on the analysis;
- Generate a strong and diverse pool of qualified candidates;
- Screen the candidate pool, conduct interviews, organize campus visits and perform due diligence to screen candidates;
- Keep the board informed of committee progress at critical points throughout the process;
- Keep the college community informed at key points throughout the process;
- Provide opportunity for stakeholder feedback prior to making a recommendation to the Board of Trustees; and
- Make a recommendation of a single candidate to the Board of Trustees, ideally by or before the January 2019 meeting.
Later this month, we will be announcing the membership of the Presidential Transition Committee as well as the search firm that will be assisting Hope with the presidential search process.
On behalf of the Board of Trustees, thank you for your continued prayers and support. The trustees are grateful for your commitment to Hope College, our mission and our students. As 2017 draws to a close, we are excited about the year ahead.
Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas season —