This past weekend, three of the French girls and I went to Manchester. If you know anything about me you know I love bees. In Manchester there are bees everywhere. There were bees on the sides of buildings, trash cans and in shops. I found a honey diffuser! (I did not buy it.) Seeing all the bees made me so happy.
We went to Manchester at the perfect time. I am surprised that Halloween is celebrated in England. The lines for costume shops were wild and 100-200 people deep. I experienced this in Manchester as well as Liverpool.
In Manchester, there were pumpkins hanging from trees, Halloween music flooding the streets, and blow-up monsters everywhere we turned. They also had ghost busters and fuzzy monsters photo opportunities around town.
In the center of the city, there was a whole haunted display. As we walked through the display, we saw a film crew with two large red balloons you could not miss. I asked them what they were doing. I thought it was a proposal, but they said it was a TV show called First Date. It was so funny to see them redoing a clip over and over with different reactions. I think most know that reality TV is scripted but it still takes me by surprise when I see it first hand as well as how they act in the breaks.
Of course, right next to the Halloween decorations there was a Christmas village set up but that’s for another day.
- 29812375301594,25.338231482881525,22.82349031182943,25.5401544522731 ↩
- 41041611438201,45.589583885618 ↩
- 15816659963318,23.826985210326075,41.01484819004075 ↩
- 24494998485556,46.75505001514445 ↩
- 92160942916843,23.059591551918015,25.691542076365227,28.327256942548306 ↩
- 40040175529064,65.59959824470937 ↩
- 245239922505895,41.7547600774941 ↩