Juliana Struyk ’23 – SIT Geneva, Switzerland

Bonjour!

My name is Juliana Struyk and I am a Senior at Hope College, majoring in Political Science with a minor in French. I am originally from New Jersey, but after becoming a student at Hope, I have come to consider Michigan my home.

I caught the travel bug at a young age and knew that, during college, I wanted to fuse my passion for political science with my love for cross-cultural engagements and international travel. This led me to study abroad and participate in the School of International Training’s (SIT) International Studies and Multilateral Diplomacy program based in Geneva, Switzerland.

Throughout this program, I will use my French to enhance my understanding of international relations, and travel to other European cities as a part of the program’s global, political curriculum. When not in the classroom, I look forward to traveling to historic villages, sampling Swiss cuisine with my host family, and hiking in the Swiss mountains. I can’t wait to see where this semester leads me (both literally and figuratively), and I look forward to having you join me on my adventures across the pond!