Brooke Kale ’23 – IES Granada, Spain

Hello, my name is Brooke Kale and I am an incoming junior at Hope College double-majoring in Global Studies and Spanish with a minor in Political Science.

I am originally from Southern California, and will be studying for the 2021-2022 academic year in Granada, Spain, with IES. I will be participating in the advanced language immersion track that IES offers, through which all of my courses will be conducted in Spanish. I have always wanted to study abroad, and have made it my priority while in college, so I am thrilled to finally embark on this life-changing journey!

At Hope, I am a member of the Phelps Scholars Program, was an RA in Cook Hall, am a musician in the Hope College orchestra and Wind Ensemble, and involved in clubs such as Swing Dance Club, Silent Praise, Rumba Latina, the Outdoor Adventure Club, and the International Relations Club.

In my free-time, I enjoy dancing and making music, hiking and camping, and trying new foods and recipes. I am beyond excited to share with you my adventures as I explore the language and culture, and many other nuances of Southern Spain throughout my year of making Granada my home away from Hope!