Van Wylen Library is constantly adding new journals to their collection. In 2013 alone, the library has added or will add over 300 new titles.
Many factors go into the purchase of new journals for the library’s collection. “The library tries to support new endeavors or programs with the purchase of new journal titles,” said Gloria Slaughter, Technical Services Librarian. Some titles are also added as parts of a packages the library subscribes to.
Some highlights from the new 2013 titles include:
1. Involve – A mathematics journal in which Hope students and faculty have published their work.
2. Journal of Women and Minorities in Science and Engineering – Publishes papers on innovative teaching ideas and scientific studies related to “the education, recruitment, and retention of under-represented groups in science and engineering.” Hope users will have access from 2013 onward and can currently access forthcoming full-text articles.
3. Palimpsest: A Journal on Women, Gender, and the Black International – A journal that publishes interdisciplinary articles and creative work about women of the African Disapora and their communities in the Atlantic and Indian Ocean Worlds. (2012-present)
4. Design Management Journal – Devoted to research exploring design as an essential organizational resource.
5. Literature Compass – Offers articles that track new and recent trends across the literature discipline.
Be sure to check out these and other new journals that Van Wylen has to offer!
–Madalyn Muncy, Library Student Blogger