The Library is preparing for a major systems change that will update and consolidate much of our back-end technology and provide a single centralized interface, Primo, replacing both HopeCat and the MightyFind. This new interface will go live in mid-July. Knowing you will have questions about how this impacts your work we made an information page to answer some of those FAQs.
Included is information on:
- Important dates to keep in mind
- Return all Beardslee Library materials to WTS by Friday, May 4
- Export your HopeCat Reading History list before July 1 if desired
- HopeCat will be down July 1-16 – Research and Instruction librarians will be happy to work with you to ensure your research continues with as little interruption as possible.
- Our new system goes live July 17!
- Update links any links to HopeCat records in Moodle and/or your syllabi after July 17.
- Online tutorials and in-person workshops this summer
- Impact on summer research plans
- Impact on fall course preparation
- Focus group opportunities for faculty and staff
MeLCat continues to be unavailable to the Hope community until some time in September. In the meantime there are many other ways to request material from other libraries. See our blog post here.
The Library staff has been working hard on this transition and we are excited share it with you!