Because of your interest in transforming and transitioning students, together we are approaching and exceeding, with increasing momentum, the following milestones:
- 115+ volunteers (student project advisers, guest lecturers, guest presenters, mentors, pitch judges, subject matter experts, practice clients, etc.) per year
- 2,000+ pageviews on our Center for Faithful Leadership blog (www.creatingfutureleaders.org) per month
- 30+ leadership minors and over 225 students/year in LDRS courses (CFL-LDRS)
- 80+ pitch contestants, 10 students in our 10-week summer entrepreneurship incubator, and discovering other student entrepreneurs scattered across campus (CFL-HEI)
- 10-15 paid student consultants/year developing incredibly marketable and important life skills and great clients (Herman Miller, K&R Trucks, Presbyterian Homes and Services, Holland Rescue Mission, Community Action House, Safe Families, etc.) who make it possible (CFL-ASI)
- The 18th Green (http://www.creatingfutureleaders.org/2013/05/the-18th-green_10.html)
- Grads working for Dow Chemical, Teach for America, Peace Corps, Haworth, Herman Miller, etc., and for themselves, being offered incredible opportunities, giving back by engaging current students and financially supporting our programs, and asking “What would God have me do?”
With the economics of higher education what it is and a staff of just 3.0 full-time equivalent employees trying to seek God’s will, we know that without God and without you we couldn’t provide the grounding, experiences, and tools for the next generation of Christian leaders.
PRAISE THE LORD.
His power is being made perfect in our weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9), and he can do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine (Ephesians 3:20). It’s true!
2012-2013 Volunteers (incomplete–with apologies)*
William (Ross) Heneveld
*I apologize if your name was not included on this list. Our growth is fueled by people like you connecting with people, and I know some of you are providing advice to and mentoring students beyond my knowledge. Please let me know who you are because you are and who you are advising because you are very important to me, our students, and Hope College.
And, if you would like to volunteer to provide grounding, experiences, and tools for the next generation of Christian leaders, please let me know (email@example.com).