Are You An Entrepreneurial Leader Or A Leading Entrepreneur?
“This class has helped me understand my calling and how to make a difference.” — Haley Menzies
“I have learned more about myself this semester than in any other. I feel that this course has led me in a direction I never really saw myself in before.” — Logan Meeker
This course helps student teams be innovative. They develop their own for-profit or non-profit business models using Steve Blank’s “Customer Discovery and Validation” process. This course also serves as “boot camp” for HEI and is an elective in the MGMT major.
- “Popeye Moment:” Is there something you can’t stand anymore?
- Simon Sinek: “The Golden Circle”
- What is my passion? Please note that the Latin word for “passion” is “patere” which means “to suffer.” What are you willing to suffer for?
- What are my gifts?
- Being Effectual (The Logic of Expert Entrepreneurs): Start with what you know….
- Listen to Diana Kander’s TEDx Talk: Be “detectives” vs. “predictors of the future.”
- Running Lean: It’s not “how to execute well on a flawed plan but how to “iterate from Plan A to a plan that works” (Ash Maurya).
- “Seven Metaphors”
- Four Steps to the Epiphany:
- It’s a mindset: see a summary of The Education of Millionaires
- It’s practice: Watch this basketball video!
- You will have the opportunity to form a team around your own idea or around the ideas of others.
- Start-Up Process Road Map
- Required Events:
- Through experience, to develop an understanding of the lean start-up process
- Through experience, to enhance communication, creative thinking, critical thinking, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills
- Through experience, to discern, develop, and deploy entrepreneurial leadership gifts and calling.
To learn more about CFL Incubator, click here.
To learn more about CFL, click here.