Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to schedule your own appointment at the Boerigter Center without having to leave the comfort of your own dorm? Without having to work through a long email thread or even make a phone call? Now you can! The Boerigter Center for Calling and Career is launching Self-Scheduling on Handshake. Read on to learn how to use this new feature.
7 Easy Steps to Schedule an Appointment Through Handshake.
- Every student automatically gets a Handshake account upon coming to Hope College. This means all you have to do is navigate to hope.joinhandshake.com and log in to complete your account using your Hope email and password.
- Scroll to the upper right corner of the homepage by your name, there is a button labeled “Career Center.” From the drop-down there is a option that says “Appointments” select this to start the scheduling process.
- At the top of the Appointments page, you will want to select, “Schedule a New Appointment.”
- A few questions will come up to help you start scheduling your appointment including what class you are currently in and what kind of appointment you are interested in.
- Once you have selected your class and an appointment type, you will be able to see the next available appointment times. If you see a time that works for you, click on it to continue. Sometimes there are multiple staff members available for your desired appointment topic. If that is the case and you have a preference between them you can click on their name to see only their available time slots.
- After selecting an appointment slot you will have a chance to write down the details of what you want help with. Each appointment will require slightly different questions to be answered. This is to help make sure that the staff at the Boerigter Center can give you the best help possible.
- Click request, make sure that your notifications are on and set to email notifications in case there are any updates to your appointment, and you are all set! We look forward to seeing you at your appointment.
After you complete these steps you will get notified that your appointment has been approved by the staff member. This is an extra step on our end that makes sure you have the right appointment with the correct staff member.
*If you ever need to go back and look at your appointments, just go to the Appointments page. There you will be able to see any appointments you have scheduled and attended.
Want to learn more or see screen shots of the steps above? Check out the Handshake Help Center’s tip sheet How to Request an Appointment